art haus berlin

@ takt residency, Friedrichshain (taktberlin.org)
An artist residency. Bunch of complete strangers living together in Berlin making art.

Sunday 21 July 2013

haus: what kind of painting are you?

If you were a painting what kind of painting would you be?

alice: I think I'd be acrylic. I can be impatient and I'm not very slick.

ash: Probably watercolour. Actually no... I like... the way you can manipulate it... Like sometimes its really quite prominent, then other times its much lighter. Sort of. I think its more fluid. I think that's the word I'm looking for.

dickson: Definitely oil painting. It's the coolest thing ever invented. Acrylic is totally nerdy; it's like painting with glue.

keith: Hmm, Dickson took oil, huh? That is great stuff... I'm gonna go with light. Can I say "light" and not sound too pretentious? Hmm, maybe not. Oh well. Light. I like to think that as a camera-based artist, my work is still basically painting, but with light. Yeah.